You might have heard of the Celtic Cross. It is the most common type of Tarot card reading. Most common. Most famous. Most comprehensive. And my personal favourite. It looks something like this:
Note: You might need to click on the image to read the numbers and titles which I will explain below.
1. Significator: Who or what the reading is about.
2. Present: What is happening with the situation right now.
3. Helps/Hindrances: What makes the situation easier and harder to deal with.
4. Basis: Reason for the situation.
5. Past: How things have been in the immediate past.
6. Life Lesson: What you need to do to improve the situation.
7. Next: How things will be in the immediate future.
8. Self: How you are acting in the situation.
9. Environment: How people around you are acting.
10. Hopes/Fears: What you hope will happen but are also secretly afraid of. This hope/fear is impinging on the situation in some way.
11. Outcome: What will happen in the long run if you keep reacting in the same way you have been.
Cards A & B: The next two cards from the top of the pack which clarify card 11.
12. Clarifier: Card from the bottom of the deck which gives you an idea of the deeper forces at play.
To do a Celtic Cross reading: Think of a question. Shuffle the deck. Drop into 3 piles. Pick piles up in order they were dropped, putting each one underneath the one before it. Lay out Celtic Cross. Have a go at reading the cards.
IMPORTANT: Don’t take them too seriously. They are only a guide. Not the word of God.
Please share your experiences of using the Celtic Cross below.